Affordable Home Care Services for Older Adults
Serving Barkhamsted, Colebrook, New Hartford, Norfolk, Winsted-Winchester Connecticut Since 2006
Come Join Our Team of Professional Caregivers
Founded in 2006, Helping Hands is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) community-based agency providing high-quality, cost-effective home care services to local seniors. We are seeking compassionate, trustworthy employees to help families take care of the ones they love at home.
As a part-time caregiver at Helping Hands, you will build client relationships and improve their quality of life by helping with their daily activities, housekeeping, meal preparation, grocery shopping, personal care, social interactions, medical transportation, companionship, and respite for family members. Your diligence and professionalism as a caregiver will help senior clients feel encouraged, involved, safe and independent at home.
- Location – We will do our best to assign clients who live as close to you as possible.
- Flexibility – We understand how difficult it can be to find a job that balances your time with school, kids, or other priorities. We will help to provide flexible hours that work with your schedule.
- Education/learning – We offer yearly training and PCA certifications to help you grow in your position and gain professional experience for future opportunities.
Experience – If you have had a previous job or experience in the home care field with similar goals and responsibilities, we would love to hear from you.
Skills – We are looking for individuals who are kind, trustworthy, and service-minded to work with older adults. If you have experience in cooking, cleaning, or caring for others, that is a bonus!
Characteristics – We are looking for individuals who are self-motivated and willing to learn through experience and receiving feedback.
- Preparing snacks and meals to help sustain and satisfy clients throughout your time with them.
- Encouraging light exercise (walks, stretches) to keep the client active and physically moving.
- Tidying up the house and helping with basic housekeeping tasks that keep the environment neat and safe for the client.
- Transporting client to nearby medical appointments or outpatient facilities.